The day I found this pattern, was the day I found out they were having a girl. I looked through my stash to find something useful... I found a brand new ball of Bernat Satin - in Lavender. I immediately fell in love with not only the finished square, but the sheer softie-lovableness of the yarn. I can reliably get 2 full squares out of one ball and still have enough for MAYBE a third. But I didn't want to risk it, so I planned it out on the Paint program on my PC. Even though I knew I would end up with a lot of scrap balls of each color, I just didn't want to risk the
squares falling apart in the wash because I joined the scraps incorrectly. I certainly would not be the first time. I plan on using the scraps to make baby booties, mittens and beanies to match :).Friday, my sister is going for her (should be) third to last OBGYN appointment. If all goes well then my parents, myself, her parents and my brother will all be going with her to see the 3d ultrasound! I am very excited about this. Its really quite fascinating, the things they can do now. I just remember stories from my mother (her father was OBGYN) and then to compare them to today's medicine is just... astonishing.
Well I think maybe I have bored you all enough for today. So here are a few "in the works" pictures of this too cute blanket :) I'm sorry if they are a little on the dark side. Cell phone flashes are not the best all the time :) Bust its definitely cat-approved!

No comments:
Post a Comment